47th Khajuraho Dance Festival
20 – 26 Feb ‘2021
One of the most sought after classical dance festivals in the country, The Khajuraho Dance Festival is acclaimed internationally too. Organized on a grand scale every year by the Culture & Tourism Department of Madhya Pradesh, the weeklong fest is set to commence from February 20th, 2021 in Khajuraho.
The Ustad Allaudin Khan Sangeet Evam Kala Academy is one of the main organizers of the festival.
Along with the opulent classical dances, to keep the visitors captivated, activities like Nepathya, Kalavarta, Chalchitra, Art Mart, Hunar, Samashti, Lokotsav along with authentic Bundelkhandi cuisine served daily.
The Schedule :
- Dance Presentations : Everyday from 7 pm
- Nepathya ( Cultural showcase of Indian Classical dances ) : Everyday from 4 pm
- Art Mart ( City of Human ) : Everyday from 4 pm
- Kalavarta ( Holistic Literary Discussions on Indian Culture ) : Everyday from 10.30 am
- Hunar ( Kaleidoscope of Deshraj Art ) : Everyday from 2 pm
- Chal Chitra ( Films showcasing Art, Artists & Artistic Culture ) : Everyday from 4 pm
- Samishthi ( Workshop on Terracota & Ceramics ) : Everyday from 4 pm
- Swad ( Authentic Bundeli Cuisine Fest ) : Everyday from 4 pm
- Lokotsav ( Organized at Chattarpur, Panna & Khajuraho ) : Everyday from 2 pm
For those who want to add to the holistic experience, there are a host of other activities in the itinerary including camping, village tour, e-bike tour and water sports along with mini excursions to Panna National Park & Kutni Dam.