How to reach Kanha from Raipur
Kanha National Park
The vast grasslands of Kanha National Park, stretching over an area of 2,000 sq km, are surrounded by the Satpura Mountains, which stand at heights ranging from 450 and 900 m. comprising the Banjar and Halon valleys of the erstwhile princely provinces of Central India, Kanha became a hunting ground for the British between 1879 and 1910. In 1933, it was established as a sanctuary and was eventually declared a National Park in 1955.
Visiting Kanha National Park is very convenient from Raipur.
It is recommended to stay at the Mukki gate of Kanha National Park as it is conveniently located while travelling from Raipur to Kanha National Park.
Navigation for Raipur to Kanha National Park
• Drive from Subhash Rd to Jawahar Nagar
• Head southeast on Jala Rd
• Turn right at Gyan ganga school toward Subhash Rd
• Turn right onto Subhash Rd Pass by IndusInd Bank ATM (on the left)
• Drive along NH53, Dhamdha Rd, Durg – Bemetara Rd/Durg Dhamdha Rd, Gandai Rd and SH 5 – 2 h 6 min (86.2 km}
• Continue to Sahaspur – 54 min (32.5 km)
• Drive from Baihar Birsa Saletekri Rd to Chhapara – 1 h 44 min (71.2 km)
• Drive to your destination – 1 h 11 min (29.7 km)
Download the road navigation for Raipur to Kanha National Park
i4U Travel Services - Your Host in the "Heart of Incredible India"
Who are we
Share your preferences & we will advise the best of Madhya Pradesh Tourism.