How to reach Bhedaghat & Pachmarhi from Kanha National Park
The marble rocks of Bhedaghat are undoubtedly one of the most famous sites to visit for almost every traveler. These marble rocks are naturally formed and a boat ride amidst these rocks makes for a surreal experience. And what’s more, you just might chance upon fossils if you look closely enough.
A cable car ride offers spectacular view of the Dhuadhar waterfalls & the boat ride is an unforgettable experience in itself.
Situated at 1100 m, Pachmarhi, designated a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve is also popularly known as ‘Satpura ki Rani’ (Queen of Satpura), sits beautifully, embellished by nature and history, amidst the Satpura range. Legend says the Pandava brothers visited Pachmarhi during their exile.
This beautiful region in the hills, was discovered by Captain James Forsyth in 1857. This most popular hill station of Madhya Pradesh is a treasure with ancient caves of the Buddhist era residing in harmony with serene waterfalls.
Pachmarhi is sure to make you feel calm, the way you felt when you put your bare feet on the garden grass for the first time, as a child.
How to reach Bhedaghat & Pachmarhi from Kanha National Park – By Road
Guests planning a trip from Kanha National Park to Bheraghat and Pachmarhi can follow the mentioned itineraries :
Kanha – Bheraghat – Pachmarhi (night stay)
Kanha to Bheraghat is a 4.5 hrs drive & Bheraghat to Pachmarhi is 5 hrs. To cover both in the same day will be hectic.
Kanha – Bheraghat (night stay) – Pachmarhi (night stay)
A night stay at Bheraghat is recommendable. MPT Marble Rocks is a beautifully located resort at Bheraghat & has our strong recommendations.
Navigation from Kanha National Park to Bhedaghat and Pachmarhi
- Head northwest toward Chiraidongri – Kanha Rd – 3 min (650 m)
- Continue on Chiraidongri – Kanha Rd to Degree College R – 1 h 36 min (59.7 km)
- Take Niwari-Pindrai Rd, Dhanora – Mandla Rd and Palari Rd to MP SH 40 – 1 h 17 min (48.1 km)
- Continue to NH34 – 33 min (22.6 km)
- Drive to Bhedaghat Main Rd – 15 min (6.9 km)
- Follow Bhedaghat Main Rd to NH45 in Bilha – 7 min (3.7 km)
- Drive from MP SH 22, Pipariya Rd and Madhya Pradesh State Highway 19A to Pachmarhi Cantt – 5 h 26 min (227 km)
- Drive to your destination
Click here to download the road navigation from Kanha National Park to Bhedaghat to Pachmarhi.